Thies Christophersen

Christophersen, a private in the Wehrmacht, was deployed as a "special leader" by the Waffen-SS during World War II,[1][2] and was stationed during this time at the pest control facility Rajsko,[3] located three kilometres (1.9 mi) from Auschwitz concentration camp. Christophersen insisted that staying in such area, he would have been certain to identify mass killings and claimed that he never witnessed or made aware of any such incidents.[4][5]

Christophersen, who was initially a member of the CDU party, then German Party and briefly a member of Germany's Neo-Nazi NPD party,[1] forged close contacts, both domestically and internationally, with other proponents of the "Auschwitz lie" such as Stäglich, Roeder, Udo WalendyRobert Faurisson and Florentine Rost van Tonningen, and with Stille Hilfe[6] ("Silent Help"), an organisation assisting neo-Nazi activists. Christophersen appeared as a witness in the trial of Ernst Zündel in Canada.

Christophersen eventually fled the country, first to Belgium,[1] and later to Kollund in Denmark[7] where he spent 10 years. There he established the Kollund-Verlag (Kollund Publishing House), which distributed denialist material throughout the world. He appeared in two videos, in which he claimed that it was a privilege for prisoners to be detained in Auschwitz. According to Christophersen they were treated excellently, and were given the opportunity to be deployed to work groups (in reality forced labour) appropriate to their professions.

In the film Die Auschwitz-Lüge und ihre Folgen ("The Auschwitz Lie and Its Consequences") he was interviewed by Ernst Zündel.

His brochure Die Bauernschaft ("Farming Community"), in which Christophersen disseminated further Holocaust-denying material, was seized by the authorities several times, the last being in 1994. In 1995 the distribution rights for this set of publications passed to Ernst Zündel in Canada, but he relinquished this just a year later.[7] In the same year Christophersen settled in Switzerland, but was deported in 1996.

Christophersen died on 13 February 1997 in Molfsee near Kiel.[3]

(Taken from Wikipedia)