The German Court vs. Carlos Porter
Aktenzeichen: 2 Ws 98/98
Beschluss von 3.2.98
2 Ws 98/98
18 Ns 112 Js 11637/96 StA b.d. LG München I
III BerL 117/98 StA.b.d. OLG München
Geschäftstelle des Oberlandsgerichts München
Justizbebäude Nymphenberger Strasse 16
Richtern: Dr. Glueck Mallwitz Seul
Final Statement to the Court
May It Please the Court:
In civilized countries it is the custom to allow a defendant to make a final statement to the court prior to sentencing.
The Nuremberg Trial transcript is 14,638 pages long in German alone, much of it in small print. I have read this material, and evidently you have not. I have provided approximately 1,000 exact references to boththe American and German transcripts. The pagination and format are not the same; it can be almost impossible to find certain things in the German, even if you know where it is in the English, and vice versa. I have also readthe British transcript, which is much shorter. There are many discrepancies. All references were completely revised and corrected prior to printing; allpage numbers are given twice, according to the German and American transcripts.
- I defy you, or anyone else, to find one single error in any of the references quoted in Nicht schuldig in Nürnberg.
- I refuse to be dictated to by people who have not readthis material, and who have no idea what it contains.
- I refuse to be deprived of a basic right which belongs to everyone else in the world as a matter of course: the right to freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
- I retract nothing; I regret nothing. I fear nothing.
- I stand by the contents of my letters to the court dated7 January, 10 March, 1 July, 1 September, 5 September, and 7 November 1997.
- I stand by the contents of my letter to Christian Ude.
- If you fine me, I will not pay it; if you put me in prison, I will go on hunger strike like Bobby Sands.
- I defy your authority and I refuse to comply with any order to do anything.
- I am not afraid of you; I fear the future if I do nothing. That is all.
CARLOS W. PORTER
Additional information about this document
|Author(s):||Carlos Whitlock Porter|
|Title:||The German Court vs. Carlos Porter, Final Statement to the Court|
|First posted on CODOH:||May 30, 1998, 7 p.m.|